script>utmx("url",'A/B'); justryinghere

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rebecca..

As usual, today also, I was all frustrated and drained out by entire day’s work & as usual unknowingly remote control landed in my hands. Restless mind was commanding all-day-tired fingers to browse through channels, hoping to see something ‘Entertaining’.
It was commercials everywhere & I was loosing my patience because the day was just not mine.
My work was not getting over on time, deadlines were fringing day by day, defects were getting logged with the speed higher than that of light, bad neck giving trouble in concentration, somehow no clues about my wallet which was disappeared from my locked drawer, loads of mails from ISMS department as I had violated the Security policy by sending a mass mails to every one in my office asking about my lost wallet. And the list continued.
My fingers suddenly stopped at one channel. It was DD’s Sahyadri channel.
Some award ceremony was in progress. One name was announced.. ‘Rebecca’
One 15 year girl caught everyone’s attention. Before she was called on the stage a small clipping was shown on the big screen and after watching that one I was shaken. I was literally shaken. The clip was a small documentary about Rebecca’s day to day life.
Her father has high diabetes and no fingers to work. He could not earn money for his family. Mother who was suffering from brain tumor seemed more helpless as all she could do is lie down in comma.
With all tears in eyes Rebecca was talking to the audience. This girl works hard for bread and butter for her family. But at the same time she dreams about becoming a renowned lawyer to help so many poor girls like her. Her face had enormous glow due to determination. Her hard work and determination made her a perfect candidate for an award which is given to such a woman who could survive against all odds and sets and example for everyone of us. Each and every eye filled with tears. Everyone, including me, was proud of this little miracle.
I realized that I am living much happier and luxurious life than her but still not achieved even 1% of what that 15 year girls has achieved. My world is full of problems related to me but this girl has determination to help all such girls like her who unfortunately not able to continue with their studies. I get depressed when I don’t get my favorite dish on Sunday where as her family literally starves. My heart swamps down when I can’t finally get that Branded jeans after spending hours and hours in shopping. This girl does not complain about her worn out clothes which she has been wearing years over years. All she craves for education. She does not get depressed when her best friend does not send her a good night because all she could think of is what she should do next to add one more rupee in her pocket. But such a small (or stupid?) reason is enough to keep me awake for hours.
Even though I belong to a middle class family, I think the facilities I have got are far more that that of hers. In fact, there is nothing called as ‘Facility’ in Rebecca’s life. She is just struggling to meet basic necessities of human being.
I am speechless….All just find myself so short in front of her.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jigar Gosar said...

had rough day huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home